Back in December 2014, our US team pledged to raise $100k and put it towards the new SOS Children’s Roosevelt Square Village Community Center in Chicago. We’re delighted to announce that we’ve now reached this target thanks to our employees' generous contributions and inspiring initiatives.
The money raised will fund a new computer lab as part of the new Community Center. The lab will be named after Specialist Staffing Group, the US division of SThree plc.
The Roosevelt Square Village Community includes day care, infant and toddler programs, an outpatient therapy center, meeting rooms and administrative offices. It's meant to become a real hub for family reunification and therapeutic, academic, social, civic, enrichment and recreational activities for the children from the Village and the surrounding community.
Raising $100k thanks to our employees’ proactivity and generosity
What made us reach this ambitious target, were the proactive initiatives and events our employees across our US offices organized to donate money towards this great cause.
Here are just some of these activities:
- 'Auction of Promises' charity events in Chicago and New York raising a whopping $17k alone
- When our Boston office first opened, they held a client event and organized a raffle to raise funds.
- 'Making a Difference' Friday donations throughout the year, themed dress ups, sales days and more
- Austin 'Health and Wellbeing' challenge
- San Francisco Sweet Shop events as well as San Diego and New York bake sales
- ‘Wear Blue Day’ to raise awareness of child abuse
- Vegas Annual General Meeting Christmas Raffle
- Bike challenge to raise money by cycling 500 miles over six days from San Francisco to Los Angeles
- Chicago JP Morgan Challenge
In October, the Chicago office also hosted their first Careers Day with young people from the SOS Children's Village Lockport, located south-east of Chicago, which has space for about 90 children.
Last but not least, we’ve launched a network of Corporate Social Responsibility champions across the US who are driving our CSR agenda.
Reaction from SOS Children’s Villages Illinois
“For the past two years, Specialist Staffing Group has dedicated their US based fundraising efforts to support the building of a new SOS Children’s Villages Illinois Community Center for our Roosevelt Square Village. After thousands of gifts, hundreds of donors, and countless events and programs across the United States, they successfully reached the goal of $100,000.”
“Much like the collective work that each of our Foster Parents and support staff do each day to ensure the children in our care feel safe and know they are loved, this too is a wonderful example of the power of what a large group with one mindset can accomplish together as a community.”
“We are so very grateful to all the employees at Specialist Staffing Group for their dedication to this endeavour and we look forward to celebrating with them in the months to come,” says Tim McCormick, CEO of SOS Children’s Villages Illinois.
Well done and a big thanks to all involved!
If you’d like to learn more about our CSR programs and initiatives, visit our corporate website.