Hong Kong is like nowhere else on earth and working there an experience like no other. Nestled on the coast of the economic powerhouse that is China it’s one of the world’s great financial hubs.
Life is fast and if ever a place deserved the tagline of the city that never sleeps, it’s this melting pot of commerce, culture, banking and trade. SThree has been in Hong Kong since 2008 we’re always looking for talented people to join our ever-expanding team.
So if you’re up for a once in a life time challenge read on and see why you should consider joining us in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong’s huge potential for recruiters
Hong Kong is growing and SThree is growing alongside it. We are seeing double digit increases in headcount and financials for our flagship brand, Huxley. We are leveraging Huxley’s global scale and our client network to serve the increasing number of regional offices, hedge funds, asset management and insurance firms that have a presence in the territory.
Hong Kong is the perfect place to quickly advance your career. The markets are constantly changing and growing, presenting opportunities for those ready to take advantage of them. It’s one of the largest insurance markets in the world in terms of insurance premium per capita, and will continue to grow at a fast pace, given the high GDP growth and increasing population.
In addition, exchanges in Hong Kong and Greater China have now become global trading centres to rival those in the U.S. and U.K., and the dollar value of IPOs issued in emerging markets ($152 billion) is surpassing that of developed markets ($129 billion). As Hong Kong gains more prominence, it is becoming one of the fastest growing buy side markets as more firms ramp up the hiring of talent to develop robust systems, comply with new regulatory reforms and increase their operational efficiency.
The Hong Kong Contract market is experiencing fast growth. Recently the top biller from a rival financial services recruitment firm billed over GBP 1 million last year and the competition are charging 50-60% mark up's. Hong Kong candidates are seeing more and more advantages in accepting contract roles as a stepping stone to move into a role with a different job nature or a different industry.
The top five things you need to know about Hong Kong
If what you’ve read has piqued your interest then read on for the 5 most interesting things you need to know about Hong Kong:
1. Your money certainly goes further as Hong Kong has one of the lowest salaries tax rates in the world, capped at 15-17% and did we mention there’s no sales tax or VAT?
2. Hong Kong has four distinguishable seasons - warm spring, sunny summer, pleasant autumn, and cool winter.
3. It has one the most efficient public transportation systems in the world. A taxi ride out of the central districts to the nearby beaches and forests costs about GBP 3.
4. Hong Kong has over 15,000 restaurants and the diversity of food is staggering. You can have lunch at a three Michelin star restaurant and dinner at a street-side food stall.
5. Energetic Hong Kong knows how to party and have fun. From British-style pubs through karaoke pubs to rugby, golf and trekking, you can try your hand at just about anything.
You’ve everything to gain and nothing to lose by considering a move to Hong Kong, so if you think Hong Kong is for you get in touch with our team. Let’s speak soon.