Today we join the world in celebrating International Women’s Day. This year’s theme is #BeBoldForChange; the idea behind this is to encourage individuals and organisations to share what bold actions they have taken or are planning to take to help progress gender parity around the world.
We asked some of our female employees across the world what bold changes they’ve taken in their lives. Here’s what they said.
How we’re celebrating International Women’s Day
Our offices across the world are doing different things to celebrate, including wearing purple, hosting ‘Diversity Impact Sales Days’ focusing on finding and helping female candidates as well as organising 'Suit Drives', initiatives where we collect business attire for jobseekers who struggle to afford a professional outfit to make a good first impression during their interviews.
We’ve also set up an area in each office posing the question ‘What bold action will you take to help drive gender parity?’ which gives our employees the opportunity to write down their personal initiatives and ideas.
Creating an inclusive workplace
Promoting real diversity and inclusion remains one of the key focus areas of our global strategy. We understand that only through developing a culture that empowers our people can we best support our customers.
That’s why we’ve launched various initiatives and programmes to support inclusion.
- We launched a new brand called Hyden to help our clients recruit diverse senior leadership talent in the media and creative industries to allow them to build a more innovative and successful business.
- As part of our commitment to CSR, we recently launched the SThree Foundation supporting bright young people from underprivileged and diverse backgrounds in the STEM industries. In partnership with charity Generating Genius, we started our activities by supporting 50 A-Level students, with 70% of them being female.
- We continue to support gender equality in the workplace governed by our aspirational gender targets which are focused on increasing the representation of women at all levels in the organisation.
- Our global Mentoring Programme was introduced in 2014 and will this year be entering its 4th cohort. The Programme helps to develop talent from all backgrounds to enter management or non-management roles and drive their career forward.
- We also further expanded our global network of diversity champions and continue to develop our Identity Programme which was set up in 2011 to support the development and progression of women; today Identity supports diversity in all its forms.
“Recently, I was honoured by the Queen with an Officer for the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) in recognition of my services to Diversity in Business. This honour, the achievements of my daughters and the inclusive environment we have at SThree are what motivate me.”
“We are better people when we are inclusive and respectful, both important values I want my daughters to see as a given in society and in the workplace,” says SThree CEO Gary Elden OBE.
Watch our video on the occasion of International Women's Day on Youtube.