One of the great things about SThree is how we believe in letting our people explore their options and give them opportunities they wouldn’t necessarily get anywhere else.
We know that for many the traditional 360° recruitment role works brilliantly, but if you want to find the very best candidates in the sectors we work and help them build their career, then working in Candidate Management might be right for you.
If you’re a skilled relationship builder and want to add real value to our clients’ business, then why not consider Client Relationship Management?
We asked some of our US recruitment professionals who specialize in Client Relationship Management what they love most about their role.
Making a difference to clients
One of our senior Client Relationship Managers in Houston, describes it well: “I enjoy the freedom and backing to develop clients by strategically and intelligently mapping out their projects, and providing a recruitment solution to the whole supply chain of companies within each project. It’s mentally engaging for me. It means we’re approaching clients proactively rather than reactively.”
“When you’re well informed it allows you to establish credibility with your clients. Rather than calling up and asking ‘what projects do you have coming up?’ you can say ‘we are aware that your next project kicks off in 2 months and we’re already working with these other companies who are also part of the project’.”
CRM Director Taffan Fields, also based in Houston is motivated by another key aspect of the role. “For me,” she says, “it’s about establishing long lasting relationships with my clients. Sometimes they can even lead to friendships inside and outside of work.”
How does Client Relationship Management work?
A member of our CRM Team in San Francisco, gives some key insight into the role. “I focus mostly on finding new business and rebuilding past relationships with former clients to add real value to our business. I take part in lots of various networking events, sometimes up to twice per week. It helps that I love meeting new clients and breaking new ground.”
Her colleague Rebecca Bense loves the human side of the role. “I spend 80% of my time doing business development within my key accounts and the other 20% identifying potential new clients that could benefit from having a CRM.” She says, “My greatest motivation comes from seeing clients I’ve spent months and months developing relationships with, develop into true partnerships and Gold clients for our business.”
A lot of what a CRM does is like a balancing act, handling the client externally as well as being the voice and liaison with the internal delivery teams. According to Kate Zamora, our Senior CRM from Houston, she finds herself most effective when she sits in front of her client rather than calling them on the phone. She believes that it takes many people to delivery to a key account and a successful CRM can manage all of the internal pieces in a way that ensures the client gets what they need when they need it.
Do you have what it takes for a CRM role?
If you think this sounds like an interesting career path then take a look at the following top three traits a successful Client Relationship Manager should have.
1) Persistence and focus – You will get your fair share of “no’s” in this role so having patience and the will to follow things through will help you go a long way.
2) Creativity – There will be moments where you’ll register only little progress with your clients despite your best efforts. That’s when your creativity will shine through as you find ways to improve processes, keep yourself relevant and make yourself stand out.
3) Service orientation – A great Client Relationship Manager needs to really listen to what their clients say and manage information to them and from the internal delivery team to ensure that at the end of the day, the client is happy.
At Specialist Staffing Group, SThree's US Division, we put a lot of value on developing our homegrown talent, no matter what path they chose. We are there every step of the way, helping you achieve your best potential.
If being a Client Relationship Manager sounds like an interesting career to you, don’t hesitate to check out our website and reach out to our US Talent Acquisition Team.