What makes a successful recruiting professional? If your goal is to advance your sales career, then consider implementing the following daily activities.
5 recruitment tips for every day:
- #1: Stay positive and energized
- This is the most important part of a sales job. You must try to stay as positive and energized as possible. Having an upbeat attitude makes the job more fun and is actually contagious in the office. If one person feels down, then you will be right there to bring them back up.
- #2: Stick to your day plan to achieve your goals
- With a clear strategy and day plan you allow yourself to manage your time with the most important activities that need to be done in a day. Those who do not create strategic day plans find themselves drifting and unproductive.
- #3: Diligent follow up on emails, interviews, meetings, calls, etc.
- You absolutely must stick to your promises. The biggest frustration for a candidate is when a recruiter does not provide feedback after a phone call or interview. If you say you are going to do something, then you must follow up and action on it.
- #4: Meet high level contacts in the industry (candidate and client)
- Many recruiters profit from high level candidate relationships that eventually turn into clients. The industry is quite small and at a high level, good people know good people. You must build these connections and maintain these relationships in order to stand out from your competitors.
- #5: Develop new connections through referrals
- The easiest way to add to your database is to ask your current contacts for referrals. Utilizing your network allows you easy access to unique information. Host a happy hour event or social outing for like-minded professionals and ask them to bring at least 3 colleagues along. You will be surprised how much information you can collect in one evening.
These tips were provided by Stephanie Brooks, Senior Sales Team Manager for SThree specialist brand Real Staffing (San Francisco).
To see all our recent job openings in the US, click here.