Privacy & Cookies Policy Non-EU
SThree Talent Acquisition is part of the SThree group of independently managed and competitive staffing organisations operating predominately in the ICT, finance, banking, human resources and engineering recruitment markets. Our group companies and locations can be found at http://www.sthree.com
Data privacy laws require SThree to take certain steps when handling personal information. We want to reassure you that we take the collection, use and retention of your personal information seriously and below we specify how we use the information we have about you. You can be assured that at all times, SThree and members of the SThree group will comply with the local laws in their jurisdictions governing the handling of personal information.
Collecting and using your information
In order to fulfil our legal and business obligations we collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and any information you supply to us on your CV. The provision of your personal information may be mandatory in order to process your requests and for us to provide a service to you. If so, mandatory fields will be marked with an asterisk or any equivalent on our on-line forms. Failure to provide mandatory information may prohibit SThree from providing the requested service.
Your information will be retained by us, processed and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To allow you to submit a CV in response to jobs advertised on our websites;
- To match your experience as listed on your CV to current job opportunities within the SThree Group;
- To forward your personal details and CV's to companies within the SThree Group;
- To keep you informed of job opportunities which we think may be of interest to you;
- To preserve our business relationship with you as a user of our website or as a candidate;
- To keep you informed of the products and services (relevant to your sector and your professional interests) offered by us or our group companies via relevant marketing communications. These could include information about recently workshops we are arranging, market updates, new software or training courses that may be of interest to you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. As a result, your information will be accessible to and processed by our recruitment consultants, responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, legal and other corporate staff, only if they have a legitimate business need to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To third parties in the event that our business merges with or is bought by another business or company, in which case we may disclose your personal data to that organisation;
- We may monitor telephone calls we have with you for training or quality assurance purposes.
By using this website and entering your Personal Data, you consent to processing and use of your data as described in this privacy statement.
Rights of access, modification and objection
Please contact [email protected] in the event that:
- You have any queries about the information that we hold about you;
- You wish to inform us of any changes to your information or wish to correct the information we hold about you;
- Have any requests with regard to our processing of your personal information;
- Decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us or our group companies, please either email the above address or follow the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing email messages to you. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing emails from us we may still use your information to assist you in your search for a role or to fill a job vacancy.
- Wish to access information held about you. On request, we will provide information in writing about your information stored on our database;
- Do not wish us to hold your information, you are entitled to tell us at any time and we will remove all such information from our database.
Sharing your information
We want to provide as full a service as possileand support you in your recruitment needs; therefore we may pass your information to, or allow access to such information to the SThree group of companies whose locations can be found at http://www.sthree.com so that they may process your information as set out above subject to strict security controls. Our servers are based in United Kingdom, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy and there is an adequate level of protection as required by law. Your information will not be forwarded to any parties outside our group (with the exception of our clients and agents who process personal information on our behalf with which we have a relationship and who are also subject to strict security controls) without your consent.
We rely on you to ensure that your information is complete, accurate and current. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies of your information.
We have appropriate technical and organisational security measures in place to ensure the security of your information and to protect it against deliberate or accidental manipulation, destruction, loss or unauthorised access.
Despite our efforts regarding security it is important to bear in mind that the internet is not a secure means of communication. Personal information communicated through the internet may be intercepted by other people. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent to us through this website. By using this website and entering your personal data, you accept that you use this website at your own risk.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use two types of cookies on our website:
1) 'Session Cookies'
These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page, therefore avoiding having to re-enter information. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal information, and cannot be used to identify you.
2) 'Persistent Cookies'
These are cookies remain on your device after you have visited our website. These cookies help us to identify you as a unique visitor (by storing a randomly generated number).
To tailor our website so that it meets your specific needs, we use different technologies, including cookies, which allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website.
- To recognise and count the number of visitors and pages or various parts of a page they have visited on our site;
- To remember if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so that you won't be asked again);
- To improve and monitor the advertisement and marketing we offer to our visitors, based on our visitor's interest and activity.
- Within our online application forms and client staff search facility. Without cookies enabled our client's will not be able to use the staff search section of our site.
In summary, by using cookies we are able to improve your experience when you browse our website and enable us to continually improve our site and our services for you. Our cookies have been set in our browser and we will assume you are ok with them via your continuous use of our website. You can disable certain cookies as set out below. If you disable these cookies we cannot guarantee how the site will perform for you.
Managing your cookies
Enabling cookies will ensure you receive the optimum user experience from our website.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can deactivate this function at any time and set your browser to notify you whenever a cookie is sent. You can use your browser settings to block all or some cookies. Please note that if you do block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Amending your cookie settings is different in different browsers, for ease, we've included instructions on amending your settings in the most popular browsers below:
How to check cookies are enabled on windows platforms
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Internet options', then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Options'
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Select 'Tools' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Options'
- Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
- Select the cog icon' from the top menu of your browser and then select 'Preferences'
- Select 'Security and, check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for apple platforms
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Select 'Explorer' from the top menu of your browser and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll to the 'Cookies' option under Receiving Files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
- Select 'Safari' from the top menu of your browser and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
If you are using a different browser please consult your product documentation, online help files or the browser manufactures website.
Changes to policy
This policy was last updated in 29 September 2015.