- Job type: Business Operations
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: 40692
- Reference: VN8094
The Business Architect plays a key role in structuring the enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and business information. This person aligns strategic goals and objectives with decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organisation; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives as we work through large scale business transformation programmes. The Business Architect works to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques of which this role will help develop within SThree. The Business Architect works closely with business management and Technology to align technical solutions with business needs
* Develop a business architecture strategy based on the defined organisation strategy and a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
* Develop the business architecture capability, processes and artefacts for SThree working with the architecture community.
* Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for identifying the key views of the enterprise both generally and as part of large transformational programmes.
* Identify the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide trace-ability through the organisation and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
* Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
* Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organisational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
* Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data working with the data team.
* Identify the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into sub-units, and the internal or external management of those units.
* A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
* The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
* The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
* The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organisation and to high-priority business issues
* Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
* The ability to visualise and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and develop the business architecture
* Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
* Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organisation; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualisations
* The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realisation and service delivery
* Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organisation with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
* Advanced situational analysis and decision-making abilities
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.