Junior Legal Advisor
- Job type:
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: 37138
- Reference: VN7942
Junior Legal Advisor (NL + ENG + Very good FR)
WHO IS STHREE?
SThree is an international recruitment group, founded in London in 1986, that has grown to become the global market leader in STEM staffing & recruitment, with 55 offices worldwide including 2 offices in Belgium: Antwerp and Brussels. Thanks to our multibrand strategy (Progressive, Huxley, Real Staffing & Computer Futures), we are specialised on niche market's need. With sales of £1.35 billion by 2019 and a stable growth curve, we are now looking for a Junior Legal Advisor to strengthen our Legal team by providing legal services to the Group's Belgian business.
* A key responsibility of this role is to review and advise the business on client and supplier standard terms and conditions of business, highlighting risks by reference to the Group's risk framework
* Reviewing confidentiality agreements, IT and marketing supply agreements
* Maintaining current, fit for purpose standard terms and conditions for use by the Group.
* Preparing and delivering training presentations and training and coaching sales staff on legal processes.
* Advising and updating the Group on compliance issues in the Belgium (liaison with HR, Group Tax and Internal Audit and including some data protection work).
* Negotiating with external lawyers and third parties.
* Assisting with regulatory work, for example advising on rules of engagements.
* Completing any research required by lawyers in team.
* Assisting with know-how and updating the team on legal developments.
* Conducting research and drafting briefing notes on specific legal issues.
* Assisting with day to day administrative duties for the lawyers you are reporting to.
* Dealing with any additional ad hoc duties that may arise.
* Previous legal experience required, either in a law firm or in-house (this can also be an internship)
* Strong IT skills and self-sufficient, particularly in Microsoft Office
* Commercial law experience preferred
YOUR SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Master in law (preferably in Labour- or Contract Law)
* Fluent in Flemish, English and French
* Action orientated, driven by results and is able to respond promptly and effectively to changing priorities
* Demonstrates high levels of self-motivation, able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise own workload and team workloads
* Strong technical skills combined with the ability to see issues from a commercial perspective
* Sociable and confident with a positive, enthusiastic attitude, but with the self-belief to communicate complicated or unpopular advice when required
* Excellent communicator in written and oral form
* A team player - willing to support others, be flexible and promote the team's interests
* Attention to detail with a meticulous approach to work
* Able to use own initiative and requiring limited guidance
* A varied job with lots of responsibilities and learning opportunities.
* A permanent contract for an indefinite period of time with an attractive salary package based on your experience with all kinds of extra-legal benefits.
* Flexible working hours and the possibility of home office.
* Possibility to work from our offices in Brussels or in Antwerp.
* A dynamic work atmosphere where value is attached to collegiality and teamwork.
* An international company that is people-oriented and adds value to its employees.
Please do not hesitate to send your CV to a.vartkessian(at)sthree.com. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Do you have any questions or would you like to know more? Let us know and contact us so we can answer them! Don't hesitate to call Aleksandra on 0472 13 15 47 or send us your contact details.