- Job type:
- Location: 40692
- Reference: VN7884
SThree's Technology Department are seeking a Data Architect to join our office based in Glasgow. If you can demonstrate experience of creating the data model and having architectural leadership on a data journey to create best in class solutions, then you could be the Data Architect we're looking for.
Who will you be working for?
As a Data Architect, you'll be joining SThree, a global specialist talent organisation. Priding ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that you have adequate support to excel in your career. Perhaps this is why 93% of our people would recommend SThree as a place to work.
What will you be doing?
The Data Architect will get involved in data consistency, strategy, mapping/lineage, quality, standards across multiple projects and solutions. Ensure data models and architectural patterns fit user and business requirements and work closely with the development team to design and implement data solutions. Be able to recommend the best place to source data sets, both internal and external to the organisation with the ability to capture and document standards and designs that can be easily understood for all stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Defining the current & future data architecture state
* Defining the vision, strategy and principles for data management
* Defining standards to support the full end to end data life cycle
* Data elements of project and programme solution designs, participating in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment into various environments
* Serving as the liaison between data consumer representatives and data solution development, integration and governance teams
* Must understand how data is, or will be, used and the implication on people, process, products and technology
* Capturing and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solutions architect community
* Ensuring that all projects meet the compliance with Architectural Principles and champion the benefits the Architecture and the and team can bring to the company
What skills/experience should you have?
* Technical experience of the following are preferable - Salesforce data objects, experience with Business Objects Data Services and be capable of querying databases with T-SQL and PL/SQL. A deep understanding of the Azure Synapse business intelligence tooling will be highly advantageous.
* Data analysis and synthesis - Undertaking data profiling and source system analysis. You can present clear insights to colleagues to support the end use of the data.
* Data governance - Understanding what data governance is required. You can take responsibility for the assurance of data solutions and make recommendations to ensure compliance.
* Data modelling - Explaining the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs. You can reverse-engineer data models from a live system.
* Data standards - Knowing how to develop data standards for a specific component. You can analyse where data standards have been applied or breached and undertake an impact analysis of that breach.
* Metadata management - Working with metadata repositories to complete complex tasks such as data and systems integration impact analysis. You maintain a repository to ensure information remains accurate and up to date.
* Problem resolution (data) - Responding to problems in databases, data processes, data products and services as they occur. You initiate actions, monitor services and identify trends to resolve problems. You determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures.
What can we offer you?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employee's hard work is valued and rewarded. We provide fantastic opportunities for growth and like to promote from within - a high proportion of our senior staff originally joined the company in entry level positions. If that isn't enough, you'll also enjoy:
* Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
* Company share scheme
* Variety of high street discounts and season ticket loans
Interested? Get in touch, today!
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.