- Job type:
- Location: 40692
- Reference: VN7882
SThree's Technology department are seeking a Solution Architect to join our office based in Glasgow. If you can demonstrate experience of successfully delivering IT projects from inception to completion across the Technology landscape then you could be the Solution Architect we're looking for.
Who will you be working for?
As a Solution Architect, you'll be joining SThree, a global specialist talent organisation. Priding ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that you have adequate support to excel in your career. Perhaps this is why 93% of our people would recommend SThree as a place to work.
What will you be doing?
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the design and build of technical architectures that support the overarching business strategy requirements. This position has an overview of all ongoing Technology projects and therefore is expected to use this knowledge to ensure that all projects align with overall Technology strategies. Working closely with the rest of the Architecture team to evolve the Architecture practice and input into the long term Road-map and Strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Engaging with stakeholders to understand the vision and requirements for potential projects
* Undertaking structured analysis of business requirements, translating this analysis into technical designs that describe a solution.
* Being consulted about design and provide design patterns.
* Looking for opportunities to collaborate and reuse components, communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Supporting delivery teams in ensuring projects and programs deliver on time and on budget.
* Identifying and articulating key risks and dependencies across complex solution landscapes.
* Completing documentation to support all solutions, including: project vision, stakeholder requirements, solution options and reasoning, changes to business processes, application and data changes, and technical changes
* Ensuring that all projects meet the compliance with Architectural Principles
* Keeping up to date with technologies and IT trends as well as understand the implications of ever changing regulations on the IT landscape.
What skills/experience should you have?
* Bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical - You can speak on behalf of technical teams and facilitate relationships with indirect stakeholders. (Relevant skill level: working)
* Governance - You understand how governance works and what governance is required. You can take responsibility for the assurance of parts of a service and know what risks need to be managed.
* Making and guiding decisions - You can make decisions characterised by managed levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase. You can resolve technical disputes between peers and indirect stakeholders, taking into account all views and opinions.
* Strategy - You can apply strategy, using patterns, standards, policies, road-maps and vision statements. You can challenge them and provide guidance.
* Turning business problems into technical design - You can design systems characterised by managed levels of risk, manageable business, and technical complexity and meaningful impact. You can work with well understood technology and identify appropriate patterns.
What can we offer you?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employee's hard work is valued and rewarded. We provide fantastic opportunities for growth and like to promote from within - a high proportion of our senior staff originally joined the company in entry level positions. If that isn't enough, you'll also enjoy:
* Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
* Company share scheme
* Variety of high street discounts and season ticket loans
Interested? Get in touch, today!
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.